Friday, May 29, 2009

March 19, 2009 Day 2: Still Not There

The next morning we ate our last REAL AMERICAN breakfast which consisted of: scrambled eggs, biscuits, waffles, bagels, maple syrup and coffee. Why we didn't order a double side of breakfast sausage has escaped me at the moment, but this was satisfying as is.

Our flight departed SEA at 2 pm local time. UA875 non stop to NRT. Neither of us had ever flown on a Triple 7 before and I must say the experience is... amazing. I took an Ambien 45 minutes prior to departure, hoping I'd be able to sleep on the plane.

Your vessel awaits you.

I didn't.


All the Ambien did was bring out my "silly" side. And by silly I mean, ridiculous nonstop blabbering while other passengers tried to sleep, filling out my customs form with the wrong information and coloring in a Tweety Bird coloring book.


Despite the latter, this was probably the greatest international flight I've ever been on. Flying over the Alps was cool, but the SEA - NRT route takes you over Alaska, the Bering Sea and just near the Arctic Circle.

The flight lasted 10 and a half hours, during which we were given the opportunity to watch movies on our personal video device. I chose the "In Flight Tracker" option and watched in awe for 9 of the 10.5 hours (this may have been the Ambien's doings).

omg so awesome

We would've landed on time but we were stuck in a holding pattern above Tokyo for almost an hour. We finally touched down at 4:30 p.m. Friday afternoon local time.

TAKE ME TO DAY 2, CONTINUED!

No comments:

 
#navbar { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; }